Have firefox? Subscribe!

Did you know that if you are using Firefox you can subscribe to this blog and have posts listed in a bar at the top of your browser? I think it works with other browsers too! Click here to subscribe.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Snow day lutherie.

So I just found out about an hour and a half ago that all classes today were canceled starting at 1. I stayed until 12:45, trying to get my back joined, but the jointer plane and I were just not getting along. So here I am, with nothing better to do than write a blog, but that's not such a bad thing.

This week has been going fairly well so far. I got my bridge plate and x-brace cap glued in yesterday and while I was waiting for those to dry, I got one side bent, but didn't have time to bend the second. I was planning on bending the second today, but my plans were hindered by the cancellation of class. I got a start on the final brace shaping yesterday, and spent a good portion of time today doing the final pre-voicing shaping and I am now pretty happy with how they look. But considering archtop is canceled tonight, I don't have much else for you, except for some photos.

Here is the top with the braces final shaped pre-voicing. The scallops in the lower bout halves of the x-braces and the lower transverse braces will probably be taken down a bit during voicing tomorrow.

And here is the one bent side clamped in to the mold. The other should be bent tomorrow.
And this is what I'm doing with my day since I can't work on guitars:
I'm pretty excited to get my top voiced tomorrow...

No comments: